Online Bachelor's Degree Programs – Best Graduate Schools
"Record Breaking Bachelor's Degree Attainment" quotes Census Bureau Reports,
March 2011 has been the Year first time ever in the history of America that approximately 30 percent of American adults who are 25 and older have attained a bachelor's degree as their minimum educational qualification as compared to 1998 in the recent past where less than one third of the population in this age bracket acquired this standard of academics.
The overall ratio of people with a bachelor's degree increased from 26.2 percent to 30.4 percent.
This happens to be a very important achievement in the history of United States. The job prospects and money earning opportunities and capacity will increase leaps and bound for those with further education and especially for those individuals who have attained a bachelor's degree.
What is a bachelor's degree?
Bachelor's degree in the United States is typically crafted to be attained or accomplished from any online and on-campus 4-year colleges and universities of full-time schoolwork or lessons. Engineering and Architecture are from the list of few of the programs that might range up to five years. It is been observed that some of the best online colleges and universities allow motivated learners to attain this degree in lesser time frame of about three years through summer schools. The ealier accomplishment of syllabus the earlier you may get high paying jobs.
Graduate Degree & a Bachelor's Degree - Difference
Further Education above the high-school level may be separated into at least two sections for better understanding, usually known as the undergraduate and graduate study. Undergraduate study is the one with enhanced specialization as compared to secondary or high school and generally upholds the level of liberal arts or general studies. In addition to it, undergraduate study nearly always helps to attain a Bachelor's degree.
However; the Graduate study is more focused, complex and professional. Graduate programs are known to assist in attaining various degrees depending on the field and the level of study.
A few colleges and universities in America follow a different educational segment, also known as known as "honors" or "scholars" degree/program, which is usually rewarded to the top bracket students' basis their GPA which might offer then more demanding syllabus or more self driven tutorials or study assignments instead of the main stream syllabus. These wards are rewarded with the bachelor's degree same as the wards who accomplished the regular syllabus, still the degree provided is with a comment "in a course of honors" on the certificate or the paper copy and the diploma as well.
Students attaining the necessities of an honors degree with specific segment/stream/discipline such as Literature and English language will be rewarded with a degree as per the learnings' i.e. BA with Honors in English.
Schoolanduniversity.com has made an attempt to list down the subjects/topics and the fields', where one may get jobs that require a 2 year or a 4 year bachelor's degree; through different types of online bachelor degree programs:
Very common and famous but different bachelor's degree options & majors:
- Bachelor of arts (BA)
- Bachelor of fine arts (BFA)
- Bachelor of science (BS)
- Bachelor's degree in business administration
- Bachelor's degree in psychology
- Bachelor of engineering in computer science
The dynamic range of goals and modules leading to a successful bachelor's degree program compel; the educationists and the individual students' to ask some basic questions in assessing the effectiveness of these options:
- Which are the goals the four, five or a six year degree program helps you to achieve?
- Are the four, five or six year degree program - the correct pathway and competent and fair enough to reach the decided goals in a long run for individuals and the society as well?
- Are the four, five or six year degree program - effective for students with regards to tenure spent and affordability as compared to the educational wisdom and other personal growth achievements?
- Which is advisable - two year bachelor degree programs or four year bachelor degree programs?
- What are accelerated bachelor's degree programs for working adults?
- Is there adequate demand for the professionals with a four, five or may be six year degree programs?
- What are the general requirements for baccalaureate degree programs?
- Which is the school of undergraduate studies offering online undergraduate degree programs famous these days?
- Does Bachelor of science degree requires to complete 120 credit hours or 40 courses?
- Which are the top online bachelor's degree programs and which are the best graduate schools to approach?
The Bachelor's degree program as an option has always been attractive, impressive and tempting to the student populace; fully aware of the competitive professional markets in the 21st century.
The ever increasing popularity of the skill based program are promising enough in terms of enhancing the student accessibility, endorse well-timed degree attainment and increased head count would work as a cost effective factor in lowering the college costs while improving the institutional productivity at the same time.
Mostly Bachelor's degrees across America are attained in a span of four years:
- First Year - freshman – You are in the first year with your focus on:
- Strengthening your basic fundamentals in a variety of subjects.
- Initial ground work of lessons in which one plans to make it to be the main discipline of study.
- Syllabus for subjects including
- English communication
- Mathematical concepts
- Physical and biological sciences
- Social and behavioral sciences
- Second Year Sophomore – You are in the Second year with your focus on:
- Attaining the foundation syllabus leading to a number of subjects to the subsequent stage.
- Selecting possible subjects of interest.
- Initiate prep classes for major if the choice is been done (Formal declaration of selection of a major is not mandatory).
- Third Year Junior – You are in the third year with your focus on:
- Declare the major.
- Sincere and serious focus on your studies.
- Initiating the higher assignments for your majors.
- Fourth Year Senior – You are in the fourth year with your focus on:
- Appearing for the final exams.
- Acquiring experience through internship/apprenticeship.
- Accomplishing the final classes needed for the bachelor's degree.
- Successful in earning 120 to 160 credit hours, basis the majors.
New jobs by education category 2010-20 (projected)
- Bachelor's degrees are well known for a range of important student paybacks. These degree programs can help students by lowering opportunity costs, reducing tuition costs, encouraging better utilization of high school, expediting the path to graduate school, and providing a predictable, structured degree program.
Generally the funding and the savings for a three-year degree may differ on the basis of campus tuition policies and various other components; records say that in 2010 students were able to lower down the funds invested for a bachelor's degree by roughly $25,000. Educational institute attend, enrollment prototype, credits points earned during and prior to the enrollment, internships/apprenticeships while one was enrolled followed with the salary after bachelor's degree are to be taken in to consideration for such savings.
- Employment projections released for 2008-2018 by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, bearing 2 significant and encouraging facts for Bachelor's degree holders:
- Highest projected growth is for individuals with an associate's degree and more.
- Higher education brings higher growth prospects and higher pay
- 14 out of the 30 rapid growing careers require a Bachelor's degree.
- Occupations that need a master's degree are projected to grow by 21.7 percent
- Coming years may provide the best-paying jobs for bachelor's degree holders